Make it SMART: how to embed a SMART approach in your Educational Programmes
What is a SMART city? How can we apply and implement SMART solutions and technologies in our communities? In this course, you will learn about basic concepts in the field and familiarize with their uses and implications for our society.
- 7 – 11 June 2021
- 13 – 17 September 2021
Students and staff of the higher, vocational, school, adult education establishments with specialization in ICT, urban design, environment, mobility systems, responsive technologies; youth workers, adult education staff.
The principles taught in this course can be applied not only in educational and employment projects, but also in other areas, such as human rights, active citizenship, health education, culture, research, etc.
· Introduction to Workshop
· Presentation of organisations taking part in the training course
· Initial Self-Assessment
· SMART city session: economic, social and private implications
· Vision, Assets, and Strategies. Signs of Success.
· SMART city session: priorities and challenges. Roadmap.
· Application, challenges and opportunities in energy efficiency.
· SMART city session: Basic technical requirements.
· Application, challenges and opportunities in transport.
· SMART city session: Business models, platformisation and interoperability.
· Application, challenges and opportunities in health
· SMART city session: Open Data and Sentilo examples
· Peer Discussion and review
· Final self-assessment
· Final evaluation of the course
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- have learned smart city basic concepts and cases of international good practice concerning integration of smart city technologies;
- have understood the essential elements for successful planning and management of smart city projects;
- have familiarised with techniques, tools and resources for promoting energy efficiency and facilitate the sustainability of smart city projects;
- have got to know the techniques for ensuring high quality standards of the results;
- be able to apply the acquired knowledge for development a smart city project in their home town.
- Certificate of attendance including description of training content and time input
- Europass Mobility Certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Agency
Face-to-face training takes place every day till around 5 pm. However, after that learning and project work continues by the participants working in teams. This team work is an essential way of learning.
Before their arrival, all the participants will be requested to complete a short evaluation questionnaire in relation to their competencies in the course topics. They will be requested to complete a similar questionnaire three months later to assess the impact of the skills acquired in the course (e.g. any feedback from their students, their colleagues or other partners or teachers that they have involved by applying the new practices they have acquired).
Our course trainers will act as mentors to all the participants in our course in order to support them in their new professional prospects in the area of training and education.