Effective and Innovative Techniques to Enhance Creativity in Non-Formal and Informal Education of Adults
This course is aimed at the acquisition of skills and competences considered essential to enhance creativity among adult learners. Participants will be able to plan, organise, conduct, evaluate and report different types of learning activities that foster creativity of their learners.
- To be agreed with the participants
Teachers, social workers, NGO staff, youth workers, HR professionals, employees of bodies providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services; students, young people
The principles taught in this course can be applied not only in educational and employment projects, but also in other areas, such as human rights, active citizenship, health education, culture, research, etc.
· Initial Self-Assessment
· Situation concerning non-formal and informal education of adult learners in different countries: from theory to practice
· Characteristics of adult learners and their ways of learning and Learner-Centered Teaching
· Practical workshop 1: What is Creativity? What is the relation between Creativity and Education?
· Study visit: Museum of History and Art of Tarragona. Working sessions with technician of the museum
· Participation of adults in non-formal and informal activities and motivation elements and effective motivational Strategies
· Adult educator: a teacher, a coach, a mentor, a facilitator?
· Non-traditional methods in education and training of adults to enhance creativity
· Study visits: Museum of the City of Reus and the Museum of Salvador Vilaseca. Working sessions with museum workers
· How to organize informal creative activities taking advantage of the territory and resources
· Practical workshop 2: Develop of an activity for adult learners. Educational needs of learners and teaching methods and tools matching them
· Study visit: Museum of Gaudi in Reus. Working sessions with museum workers
· Good practice cases of cultural offers: strategies targeted adult learners and their families
· Dissemination and outreach: how to attract your audience
· Practical workshop 3: Preparation of promotional materials for a cultural offer
· Meeting with the Director and technicians of the Department of the City Council of Reus
· Innovative and Creative tools to increase the quality of educational processes working with adults
· Working with adult learners: study visits to leisure activities centres with language and technology classes, personal growth groups, sport activities and handicrafts sessions
· Practical workshop 4: Promotion and Dissemination of your educational offer
· Presentation of a cultural offer and promotional materials developed during the course
· Peer Discussion and review
· Final self-assessment
· Final evaluation of the course
· Conclusions and certificates
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- have improved their knowledge of characteristics of adult learners and motivational strategies in adult education
- have learnt cases of good practice concerning effective strategies for involving different target groups in informal and non-formal learning activities, especially cultural ones:
- have enriched their knowledge of non-formal and informal teaching strategies and tools in adult education;
- have familiarised and experimented with ICT tools that can be used in non-formal and informal adult education;
- have improved their understanding of the essential elements of a cultural offer and how to create cultural offer from scratch for different target groups;
- have familiarised with techniques, tools and resources for promoting inclusion in adults’ education.
- Certificate of attendance including description of training content and time input
- Europass Mobility Certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Agency
Face-to-face training takes place every day till around 5 pm. However, after that learning and project work continues by the participants working in teams. This team work is an essential way of learning.
Before their arrival, all the participants will be requested to complete a short evaluation questionnaire in relation to their competencies in the course topics. They will be requested to complete a similar questionnaire three months later to assess the impact of the skills acquired in the course (e.g. any feedback from their students, their colleagues or other partners or teachers that they have involved by applying the new practices they have acquired).
Our course trainers will act as mentors to all the participants in our course in order to support them in their new professional prospects in the area of training and education.